10 Ways to Let Your Cat Know You Care
You don't have to spend a fortune to impress your feline friends. Here are a few everyday suggestions in our cat care guide for making them feel special.
But when you really want to splurge and make your cat feel like a celebrity, there are some unique gifts, too.
Return to Top
- Make time for play. Hide-and-seek is a great game for two, requires no special equipment and helps you bond with your kitty.
- Hone their hunting instincts with interactive toys. Pick up some creative playthings at your local pet supply store, or make your own out of feathers, string and a stick, for example.
- Remember birthdays with a specialty cake. Most pet boutiques sell pet birthday cakes made of safe, natural, pet-friendly ingredients. You won't spend a lot, and your cat will love the special treat. Yum!
- Register your cats with the Cat Fanciers' Association. If your cat is a purebred, joining lets her compete in shows and competitions.
- Groom her often. Cats have plenty of pleasure receptors under that fur, and most love to be combed or brushed.
- Keep fleas at bay. Those pesky parasites can also be the cause of allergies and tapeworms. Ask your veterinarian how to keep them off your cats
- Keep her healthy with regular visits to the veterinarian to help keep your kitty healthy and fit.
- How about a nice massage? Licensed Massage Therapist Maryjean Ballner offers a video on how to rub your cats the right way. [links to http://www.catmassage.com/]
- Videos aren't just for cat resorts. Pet AVision, Inc., sells entertaining movies of birds, squirrels, lizards, fish, chipmunks and other animals for your cats' viewing pleasure.
- Cats love running water, and Veterinary Ventures, Inc., offers cats their very own charcoal-filtered drinking fountain. For more details, click here.